Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vintage Breadbox and My Dirty Little Secret.

I have...sorry, I HAD a dirty little secret. My big heap of stupid junk I hid to one side of the fridge. One day, I was cleaning it up when, Lucie said, " Oh, Mommy, Grandma is going to be so happy you are cleaning that". I said, "Really, Lucie? Grandma mentioned that she wanted me to clean this?" Aren't kids cute. So, today I took a picture of it to show the world. It was very hard for me to do. I do not like messes. I like things neat and clean. In the years B.C. (before children) I was able to keep things neat and clean. Now I just can't seem to do it all. So, here it is. I am ashamed and embarrassed.

 Oh. My. God. I am horrified. You cannot see this spot from the front door or while looking into the kitchen. You have to actually be in the kitchen right up against the sink. As you can see it's a catch all.....okay, it's a dump. Every time I clean it, go through it, throw things away,what have you; it piles right back up again. So I decided to do something about it. Today I bought a vintage breadbox. It's just darling. Here it is:


It's cool. So now for the clean up. Lets just say I fill up a kitchen bag with old bread, marshmallows and English muffins I didn't even know we had. Here it is after the clean up...but now I need to add some things.
Well, it's better, but so not right. The plaque has got to go, and I need to add something, but right now I am NOT buying more. I am in the purging mode. I want things clean and simple. So after search around I came up with this for now. I think it looks much better! Here it is:
Much better. Clean. Bread hidden with a vintage feel. Hope my mom approves.

1 comment:

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!