Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 9, 2012

Gold Bug Mine; Apple Hill, California

Just before Halloween we headed up to Apple Hill. It's about an hour away. It's a very popular place come fall, here in California. Pumpkin patches, apple picking, pies, chestnut gathering, you name it. We had a great day and typical warm Californian weather...we got lost however and ran into this great little Californian Gold Mine!

Gold Bug Mine;

The Bug Gold Mine, Placerville.

So we got out and explored. We took a of the mine. The kids thought it was great. I didn't even know about his one and have lived here all my life. We got hard-hats, and a great tour not bad, for this small museum.

Lucie was little scared but was still able to pose....note leg. A must.

Their favorite part was gold panning. We found some great treasures!
Nice little trip. After this we went to gather chestnuts, have lunch and hit a winery on our way home.

3 comments:

  1. Your Halloween kabobs are so cute. The school here don't allow homemade treats anymore :(
    I think panning for gold looks like fun!
    Thanks for the visit!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic outing! Ever since I was a little girl I've been fascinated with, and enamored by, gold panning and mining, which I firmly believe comes from my maternal grandmother's stories about her father (my great-grandpa) who traveled north for the famous Yukon gold rush that transpired in the last 1890s. I very much hope to make it up to Dawson one day myself so that I can explore firsthand a bit of the world that drew thousands upon thousands of people to pan for riches there once long ago.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an awesome trip! the kids must have had so much fun! (love the the treats below, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!