Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Globes and Maps!

Okay, this was the second time I was asked if I wanted the senior discount at the thrift store. Instead of being insulted, that the cashier thought I was 11 years older than I am, this time I got smart and said, "Sure!" I found lots of goodies and they were all half off....since I am old.

I've started collecting vintage globes for Lucas. Here are three he has on top of his wardrobe:

Lucas' Globes

Here is the globe I got, today, on my senior discount:

Lucas' new $2.50 light up globe

Lucas will think it's cool all lit up at night.

From Lucas' desk. This his only globe with a wooden base.


Here is the oldest one, I believe. He has fun determining the age of the globe with Stan...which countries still existed on the globes, etc. It's kind of their treasure hunt.


Now, some Pinterest inspiration for Globe and Map Decor:



http://pinterest.com/pin/100064422940224399/








This is one of my favorites! I have globe with no stand...thus is calling my name!

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/globe-pendantsrosebuds-cottage-153306

http://heartfireathome.blogspot.com/2009/09/decorating-with-maps-and-globes.html


http://mylittleapartment.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html

linkee.com



life5.me

So many Map and globe ideas. I doubt my collection is finished!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen: Lucas has quite a collection and I love the 1/2 made into a light..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I also love that you got the Senior discount and you are 11 years too young to qualify....crazy kids can't count the lines around your eyes to KNOW you aren't that old!!!!

    I LOVE that globe hanging lamp. How cool is that?!?

    Well, now, toddle off to bed so you can get your senior citizen night in! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Love it Diana....it's kind of cool being over 55. Great discount. Half off!! I am very tempted to make the hanging lamps. I have an extra globe with no stand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those globe lights are cool- I have seen that pin. I got the senior discount yesterday too at the thrift store- but it was because I was shopping with my mom and by doing so got the discount.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!