Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 19, 2011

Up-cycling Tin Containers With Rope and Twine.

My Before:


Here is my $1 tin bucket I purchased at a garage sale, last Saturday. It was in great shape but, needed an up-grade.

I saw this on Pinterest. I never even went to the site until now. I just needed the idea, really.

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/07/sisal-rope-bowl/


I love the look and I love the idea. The large rope looks great. White would be amazing for a nautical look. I was going for a softer look, however, and used smaller twine.

My after:

I am happy results. It was easy, but time consuming. This will be our new "Book-A-Day" Advent Calendar basket.

Ever since I first saw the picture from "Censational Girl" blog spot, I have been collecting this tins! Oy Vey..........

I guess I better get busy. These were all about 25 cents at various garage sales.



1 comment:

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!