Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

Who doesn't "LOVE" Rice Krispies treats? Three ingredients and kids love them. For Valentine's Day, I used my handy dandy $2.50 Target silicone "muffin" pan. In case you were wondering, they work like a charm for this. I coated the pan with a non-stick spray. The spray actually stayed in the pan and I only had to spray once. This recipe made 13 hearts.
Here is the classic recipe: 3 tablespoons butter or margarine 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows - OR - 4 cups miniature marshmallows 6 cups Rice Krispies® To be honest...I used a generic rice cereal. Considering I totally cleaned the bowl with a spoon ten minutes before sitting down to write this, I'd say they were just as good.
Just a few drops of red food coloring into the melted marshmallows and butter. Adds a nice pink tint.
A few extra for a nice surprise in the lunch boxes this week! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!