Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy Housewife....for today!

 In my school district you can sub a full day or a half day. I got half day job at the only school that starts late. So I got a dream job from 8:45 am until 11:45 am. Allowing a few teachers to go to the office for an evaluation. They were "finished" with me at 11 am. I was one happy camper.

So off I went to mail a package for my ETSY shop at our local Raley's mail center. While there, I decided to pick up some a few things to make a coconut pie and look what I found! These darling wreaths were on clearance for $2.99. I get so lucky at my grocery store. I know. I know...why did I only get one? I'll go back!! Remember the great paper goods I found there a while back? You can see those here.



 I noticed the baskets that held the clearance items...and yep, they were for sale and on clearance too! $9.99 each. Had to grab those! Running errands, finding great deals and loving my half day!

 I knew I just had to post about them AND I have time to do it!! Then the door bell rang........
 

It was my Dansko shoes I bid on and won from http://www.shopgoodwill.com/
I was tickled...they were listed as burgundy, but the photo showed them as a bright orange. So they didn't get many bids. I think my winning bid was $23. Danskos are one of the only shoes I can wear and run about $130. I don't think these have ever been worn. They list thousands of new things a day. Please don't blame me if you get addicted too.

So...I am happy housewife today. Something I don't get to do a lot. It's only 12:33 as write this and I am smiling all the way!

Only about a week left of school and then, I'll be a happy housewife for 2 1/2 months! Can't wait, because I miss my blogging friends! Off to make my coconut pie and relish in this day!




Bisous,
Karen

I am sharing my great finds with:
 http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/



Fabulously Creative Friday linky party....

Come join the party here! 

 
Add caption

Photobucket
ThePinJunkie
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. Save some of that coconut pie please! You sure find some great deals in the grocery store. I'll have to check out the goodwill website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy! I just saw an abandon cart in a cashier aisle at my Raley's and went snooping. ;) It's the picker in me. Shopgoodwill is so fun. I like tableware, crafts (bags and bags of costume jewelry) and I like to search my favorites! Tell me what you think of it! :)
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love that wreath and those baskets! Great markdowns at you grocery store! You sound so happy with your half day, great bargains and your new shoes! Enjoy that pie and yes I'll have a small piece thank you!

    Diann and Linda
    thanks for joining TTF this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies! I really did feel giddy having a few hours to get some things done and be alone! Looking back on it, I only had 4 hours! LOL For my post, I came right in and started taking pictures. Then, later I looked at the tag on the wreath and it was handcrafted with real preserved leaves. Each little leaf put into place! I need to go get a few more.:)
      Karen

      Delete
  3. I just love to read posts about happy days!!! I am retired now, so I tend to forget what a true luxury it is to be able to just have that freedom that you crave. I take it for granted, but deep in my heart I know it's like a Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!!

    You got some great bargains (those baskets for just $10 each???!?! Really?!?!??!!), and the joy of being there to actually greet the UPS guy face-to-face when he arrives with your great online purchase!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your day, and I wish you a very happy and relaxed summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! I really had a nice day. I hardly ever get a half day...after all, I like to shop so I have to work! It was nice having a break and taking things slowly. It WAS like Ferris Bueller! The second the school let me go...another school started calling! They needed someone from 12-3. I tossed the phone back in purse so fast. No way was I going to take that!!

      I am back to a full day today, but it's an easy schedule, great kids and...it's Friday!! Every day is Friday for you! Lucky ;)
      Karen

      Delete
  4. A happy day indeed Karen. I am happy with you. coconut cream sounds heavenly. The little wreaths are darling and those shoes are awesome. Thanks for you very sweet and supportive comment. xoxo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an overall good day! Love the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to be on your blog catching up this afternoon. I have to apologize my friend! For some reason, your blog has not updated in my blog list and I thought your were taking a break. I should have written or checked on you sooner. I've missed you....and all of your sweet posts, too! I'm going to try entering your blog in my blog list again and see what happens. SWEET HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with your polka dot mugs in your china cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vickie! I wish I had more. I keep looking :)
      Karen

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!