Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thirft Store Finds!

Thrift store shopping! I had a nice break at the local Junior high school yesterday. It was made even better by the fact that it's a block away from our local Goodwill. I LOVE this goodwill. Woodland is an old farming community and there seems to be great stuff every time I go in there. Yesterday I found two things I'll probably keeping.

I liked this basket and thought the little bird was a bit (not completely but, close enough) shabby chic. It's from Pfaltzgraff, 1996 Naturewood collection. I liked that there was a textured basket weave on this ceramic basket.





It's sold on Ebay for about $34 dollars. I paid $3.99. It's of no major value but, I liked it and it looks cute on my table.

I also bought a silver candle holder. $4.99. I check for corrosion and didn't see any. You always take your chances with silver. Usually polish up pretty well though. I think it's pretty. I wish there had been two.

I tried the trick I read about on Pinterest. Fill the sink with aluminum foil add all silver and warm water, 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup baking soda. The tarnish is drawn to the aluminum foil. It did work. Took a lot of the dark grim off. I still needed to polish my goodies but, it was a lot less work!

That's it. Two fun finds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!