Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 8, 2013

Vintage Metal Lawn Chairs


 I loved these retro lawn chairs when I saw them from a distance in my car. I wasn't planing on stopping at garage sales and had NO cash.


 Here's the "BEFORE."  I saw the potential and had to stop. I immediately ask the one and only garage sale question, "How much do you want for the chairs?"  Always nonchalant as if they aren't that great. She said, $10 each. I pretended to think about it as if I could live without them and then said, "Okay I'll take them."


 Like I said before, I had no money So, I said I had to run to the bank for cash. I was beyond giddy in the car. I called Stan, but he had never heard of chairs like these....they aren't too French ;)

 So, I had to hang up on him and call my mom. She knew the ones. She grew up with them on her parents porch. I even remember grandma's metal tumblers glasses. Ice tea is always better in those! So, they were mine It's taken over a year to repaint them....and guess what? Stan did all the work for me! Great job Stan. Sanded them, a coat of rust proof primer and several coats of "apple red."

With the extra paint, I decided to update some rusty crusty garden lanterns. With all my green apple touches I thing the red apple will look great. I getting ready to throw my mom a 70 Th birthday bash....the yard must be tip top!!


Hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Bisous!

Karen

11 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I remember these vintage chairs - they are so cool! How nice of husband to paint them for you. I would love to see your back yard before your mom's 70th birthday. The chairs look great!
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheri!! I have been very busy I have missed my blogging family! The chairs look great. I was proud of Stan. He has been commuting over an hour and half each way for a project now for about two months! So for him to find the time...amazing! I'll get some party pictures for sure!
      Karen

      Delete
  2. You had me at vintage chairs- I was on the porch off of my childhood bedroom sitting eating a popsicle. And then you said metal tumbler. Oh, I had forgotten about those. My niece lives in my childhood home and many of the items are still there. I haven't visited the house in years because I always go to my sister's house instead. I need to visit the house to see if the tumblers are still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me smile! Aren't those childhood memories the best! I hope you make it over to the house!! Hope the tumblers are there!!
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Pretty chairs, Karen, perfect for outdoor or on the porch. Thanks for thinking of me when you see the Polish pottery...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Xinex! I haven't been able to blog much! Appreciate you visit!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. My niece recently purchased some vintage lawn chairs much like these. Yes, indeed, these take me back to my childhood and hours spent outside on the lawn playing in the sprinkler, eating watermelon, playing hide-and-seek. Of course, I'm a bit older than you! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those from my childhood. Love the red! Thanks for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS chairs!!! My grandparents had several sets of these, and I never knew just how much I liked them until later in life and it was too late. To snap 'em up for $10 is a SUPER bargain!!!!! I love the color you painted them, too! So cheery! I hope you get lots of years of great use! (You sure have them parked in a great location in the shade!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved these retro lawn chairs when I saw them from a distance in my car. ... metalchairs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! It makes my day getting comments!